Architect / Project Manager – Irvine, CA, US | Works
Do you want to be an integral part of a growing, people-centered healthcare architectural firm? Are you a motivated team player who can provide exceptional service to our customers in California and Washington?
Savely Healthcare Architects is recruiting talented individuals to join our amazing team in California or Washington. We are looking for Project Architects or Project Managers with eight (8) years or more of healthcare architecture experience, licensure preferred, bachelor’s degree in architecture preferred. Travel to the Pacific Northwest may be required.
Skills + Experience
- Health care experience in California or Washington preferred.
- Knowledge of codes and regulations.
- Manage multiple small and medium sized projects, coordinate all aspects of assigned projects and estimate the scope of work.
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail while maintaining a consistent workflow.
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with clients, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Team player mentality and works well with others.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Manage all aspects of complex and architecturally demanding small to medium-sized projects from concept to construction and completion.
- Prepare strategic plans for the success of the project, ensuring that the project team meets quality, schedule, contractual and budgetary objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the client to complete schedule, budgets and scope of work and client satisfaction.
- Estimate costs, determine the scope of work, prepare proposals and write contracts.
- Provide expert input in marketing, contract, design and production meetings.
- Lead a team of designers and technical staff, being responsible for coordinating all administrative and technical project efforts to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Adapt building codes, design and implement creative architectural design concepts.
- Organize construction documents and take responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and material and construction management approval.
- Participate in the tender process and selection of contractors.
- Carry out on-site visits to check the progress of the project.
- Coordinate with construction representatives.
- Actively manage clients’ budgets, schedules and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and the missions of the project team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, participate in the assessment and hiring of architectural or engineering consultants and collaborate with government agencies.
- Observe project performance and coordinate workload throughout the project to complete documents on time.
- Study the financial aspect of projects.
- Although this is not a primary responsibility, some project managers may assist with the production of drawings using AutoCAD drawing software.
SHA is an architectural firm specializing in the planning, programming and design of healthcare environments. We care deeply about the difference that thoughtful architecture and design can make in patient and staff centered environments for health and wellness. We value our team members and strive to inspire them to perform at their best. We incorporate the simple idea of being people-centered. “People” include our staff, our customers and our communities. “Centric” is how SHA strives to affect and improve their lives. A better workplace and a better collaborative partner to create environments where well-being can flourish. SHA recognizes the importance of hard work, and we work hard, but we also recognize that maintaining a work / life balance allows us to stay focused and energized.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …