Architect/Project Manager – San Francisco, CA, USA | Works
blue truck studio
San Francisco, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri 4 March ’22Posted on:
Are you ambitious and organized? Looking to contribute to great design?
the blue truck studio is a small but ambitious and growing architectural firm specializing in custom residential and small retail projects throughout the Bay Area and beyond. Housed in a vibrant artist community in San Francisco’s Mission/Potrero neighborhood, this award-winning studio approaches projects with both professional rigor and creative aspiration.
We are currently looking for a full-time (employee) Architect/Project Manager to start working immediately. Our studio is currently operating as a hybrid work-in-office/remote setup with regular team meetings at our studio. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k), health insurance, paid time off, vacation, and excellent career growth potential. Salary will be commensurate with level of skill and experience.
As an essential part of a small team, the Architect/Project Manager position is both creative and technical. Taking a lead role in leading projects, the Architect/Project Manager has design responsibilities, a strong voice in our collaborative teams, and experience in managing other team members and the production of working drawings . Technical experience in developing a set of construction documents and details is a must, but successful candidates must also demonstrate proficiency in assisting clients. Previous experience managing the work of others is required, but the ability to manage project time and costs/timelines/deadlines is essential.
- Assist the Principal and Studio Manager with all stages of design and construction, including interaction with clients, contractors and regulators.
- Direct and manage the assembly and production of drawing sets, including those for rights, design development and construction documents.
- Coordination with design teams and consultants.
- Perform contract administration and construction related work on site.
- Seven to ten years of experience in an architectural office, but most importantly someone who has three to five years of experience designing and managing high-end residential projects in California.
- Architect licensed or in the process of obtaining a permit.
- LEED AP or other green certification preferred.
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD 22 (or higher) or other BIM software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Confidence in all phases of a project, including construction administration
- Familiarity with timber framing, Type V construction techniques and detailing.
- Familiarity with the regulatory process, especially in San Francisco.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills, both graphically and verbally
- Exceptional design talent and passionate conceptual thinker
- Responsible and liable for personal errors
- Strong collaborative skills
- Experience directing and coordinating the work of others
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be local or willing to relocate to the Bay Area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work full-time in the United States.
View your application history
Back to task list…