Architectural Intern – Fort Collins, CO, US | Jobs
[au]The Architects + Planners Workshop located in Fort Collins, Colorado is looking for a Full Architectural Intern or a recently licensed Designer to create stunning buildings with us. This position includes the realization of architectural missions directed on large and small scale urban projects. We offer competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and the ability to live and work in downtown Fort Collins, consistently rated one of the top cities in the United States. Visit our website at: www.auworkshop.co to find out more about us.
- Perform a site survey, including a survey of existing conditions and field measurements
- Work from the design and direction of others, compile data and perform basic design calculations.
- Understand the fundamentals of basic architectural and engineering systems
- Prepare detailed scale drawings of architectural designs and plans
- Create concepts and preliminary drawings and modify them as directed by the responsible architect to produce the final plans.
- Display a working knowledge of building codes and other regulatory requirements
- Perform graphics and computer tasks according to company standards
- Develop detail sketches generated by project managers
- Research materials and manufacturers’ systems
- Develop and produce parts of construction documents;
- Coordinate with consultants, such as model makers and engineers
- Provide support to other architects, interior designers, planners
- Perform assigned tasks using a wide range of professional software products such as Revit, 3DS Max, Sketch Up, Enscape3D, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Skills in physical model making an asset
- BS / BA degree in architecture (preferably MAr) no earlier than 2017
- 0-4 years of experience
- Current license (AXP) or recently completed
- Ability to prepare sketches and renderings by hand and computer
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and communicate with the design team
- Experience in large-scale international business projects an asset
- Willingness to work in the office full time (not remotely)
Submit your curriculum vitae AND portfolio to “[email protected]” Applications that do not match the qualifications listed above and / or without a portfolio or a link to it will not be considered.
Back to the task list …