Job Captain / Project Manager – Los Angeles, CA, US | Works
JKA is looking for a full-time Job Captain / Project Manager with 5 to 10 years of experience in the implementation of architectural projects. The candidate will have a first or second professional degree in architecture and a passion for construction and detailing.
JKA is a full-service architecture and urban design firm of 13 people working on multi-family, hospitality, commercial, residential and urban design projects. Our mission is to foster places and buildings that promote social equity and well-being. We grow our office through a culture of design and reflection based on collaboration, respect, diversity, mentorship, leadership and opportunity.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that projects are well designed, detailed, coordinated and administered within agreed timelines and costs.
- Work with clients to ensure they are well served and communicated throughout the design and project process.
- Implement project quality control including financial tracking, reporting and invoicing.
- Solicit and coordinate suppliers, consultants and other project partners.
- Develop, manage and mentor professional staff.
- A passion for architecture with an understanding of construction details.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems and codes in relation to architectural design, production and approval processes.
- Great mastery of architectural design, production, coordination and details.
- Knowledge of Revit or equivalent.
- Experience implementing the build phase of services.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate architectural best practices.
- A desire to work within and with teams and to mentor junior staff and interns.
- Availability to attend in-person meetings and site visits.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Long-term work authorization in the United States.
The tasks will consist of working with a team to implement the planning, design, production and construction of multi-family residential projects. This position will report to the Chief of Staff.
Salary and position based on experience and skills.
JKA offers a full suite of benefits, including health care, PTO, a hybrid work schedule, a 401K, and transportation/parking.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples (PDF format 8.5 x 11.5MB maximum) to [email protected] Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we can only respond to people we interview.
No calls, no recruiters.
Back to task list…