Marketing and Communications Manager – New York, NY, USA | Jobs
A+I stands for ‘Architecture Plus Information’. We are an integrated and strategic architecture and design firm, and for 25 years we have focused on transforming the workplace. Our goal is to use information and creativity to improve the changing world in which we live.
A+I is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce as diverse as the city where we call home.
We are looking for a visual storyteller and a creative go-getter to join our team.
As Director of Marketing and Communications, you will report to the Executive Director of Marketing and Partnerships and be responsible for driving A+I’s brand building and storytelling efforts to enhance A+I’s reputation by as a thought leader in the industry and strengthen our strategic positioning. and a unique value proposition. You will work closely with co-founders and directors to develop new ideas for marketing and PR initiatives and create new content and materials that align with the overall business strategy and will attract the right customers and the best talents in our orbit.
- Organizational: Design, execute and monitor ongoing marketing campaigns; Contribute to quarterly and annual reports to management on plans and execution of marketing and communications efforts
- Media Relations: Serve as primary point of contact for all incoming media/PR opportunities, respond to media inquiries, maintain media contacts and follow-up or initiatives, and propose and secure external engagements for Founders and Directors
- Content: Ensure that existing project assets and case studies of completed projects are kept up to date and produce promotional material as projects come to an end, including directing architectural shots and videos
- Social + Digital: Directly strategy and implement A+I’s website and social content, create and publish new copy on behalf of the company, including press releases and content for owned channels.
- Awards: Maintain and update the awards schedule, produce award submissions with assistance from project teams and oversight/decision from the leadership team.
- Business development: Occasionally assist in the development of RFP responses, pitch content and any other ad-hoc marketing copy/assets needed as part of a pitch process.
- Industry Insights + Intel: Stay abreast of competitor activity (customers, projects, market positioning) and share relevant news as appropriate by contributing to strategic planning sessions. In unison with the Director of Business Development, gather and share relevant news on A+I’s customers, prospects or competitors to keep the management team informed of workplace trends
- Experience in marketing communication / public relations in an architectural firm and/or a creative design agency. Previous experience in graphic design or art direction would be a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong graphic skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and HTML. Mastery of the Google Work suite, Squarespace, LinkedIn, Instagram, Miro and Mailchimp.
- An excellent storyteller and communicator with excellent attention to detail – visual and written accuracy and precision are essential.
- Independent and nimble, with a true ‘rolled up sleeves’ approach to getting the job done. Takes initiative, believes in the power of a strong brand and a clear story to drive business.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Passionate about architecture and design.
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to the New York metro area
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without the need for employee sponsorship
Know more about us :
A+I believes in building responsible practice.
We strongly defend a progressive social policy, responsible management of our planet and the fight against climate change.
A+I builds to improve the world we live in.
We live our purpose through our dedication to creating more compelling human experiences – those that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and improve the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever to achieve the greater goals of those we design for as well as to build towards a more humane, inclusive and sustainable future. sustainable. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, useful, and lasting spatial experiences deeply depends on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this by fostering diverse, collaborative creative teams, integrated across all research and design disciplines, and aligned with our clients’ vision.
A+I Culture is our people
We view everyone as an individual and understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. What our people have in common is a wealth of talent and determination to do great work and to truly want to help each other. And we back that up with great perks, real opportunities for professional growth, tasty snacks, great music, and sometimes a great selection of drinks. Our expertise is the workplace, so it only makes sense that we are constantly working to make our workplace a pleasant place to work.
Please submit sample resumes and work – with descriptions of your job role – in a single PDF, maximum size 8MB, (or a link to a personal website) to [email protected] No phone calls, please.