Project Architect/Program Manager – San Francisco, CA, US | Works
San Francisco, California, United StatesLocation:
Thu 17 February ’22Posted on:
Peters Design-Build is a design-build company that focuses on distinctive residential renovation projects and new construction. The company is owned by two cousins and is located in the Sunset District of San Francisco. We provide our clients with a full service approach by managing every detail of the project from inception through construction completion. We take a rigorous, science-based approach to construction, prioritizing quality over quantity, and caring about the projects we create and the clients we choose to build relationships with. Our company is a close-knit group of designers and craftspeople who are passionate about our craft and who continually learn, explore and seek ways to improve. We believe that commitment and close collaboration between designer and craftsman results in the best end product, so our designers are closely involved with our builders during the construction process and our builders are closely involved with our designers during the design process. We believe that satisfied and engaged workers produce the best work product, which is why we encourage creativity by maintaining a healthy work-life balance and lifestyle. Our office culture is laid back and we encourage taking time to bike, run or surf. We are looking for an outstanding designer who wants autonomy, flexibility and who has a passion for adopting a rigorous approach to architecture and construction.
We are interviewing a full-time Project Architect/Program Manager with at least 7 years of experience and a demonstrated track record in custom residential design. The Project Architect/Program Manager will oversee all design projects for the company. This job allows partial work from home.
· Licensed Architect in the State of California;
· 7+ years of post-graduation experience, including a minimum of 3 years in single family residential design design and details. Experience must include all design phases from SD to DD;
· Advanced knowledge of construction assemblies and methods and building science;
· Strong creative, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Autonomy and independence as a designer, autonomous, organized and efficient;
· Experience and familiarity with national and local building codes, building materials and construction techniques;
· Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp. Proficiency in BluBeam Revu is also desirable. We will send you to a Passive House certification course if you are not already certified;
· Must be thorough with the ability to effectively manage deadlines, projects from start to finish and manage other design staff.
· Manage projects from initial design to completion and resolve design-related construction issues in the office and in the field;
Manage the production of architectural sketches, design drawings, specifications and other deliverables in compliance with building codes, project requirements, jurisdictional reviews and permits;
· Lead design meetings with clients and participate in client communication;
· Participate in design review meetings with internal construction management personnel;
· Attend regular site visits during the construction of the project;
· Manage one or more designers;
· Work with the project team to produce presentation materials;
· Research materials, prepare specifications.
View your application history