State Agencies Hire to Fill Manager and Architect Roles
State agencies recruit for leadership and specialty positions, including managers and architects.
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is looking for a lead architect (IT Specialist III) for disaster recovery and enterprise storage and backup.
“This Principal Architect position will create and lead the implementation of an enterprise technical disaster recovery program and provide technical direction for enterprise data storage and backup functions,” the job posting states. ‘use. Desirable qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in leading and managing high performance multidisciplinary work groups or teams to achieve the objectives of multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of dependency skills and technologies in the areas of hybrid cloud backup/recovery, network, security, and technology recovery plan documentation (e.g., runbooks, flowcharts, etc.) infrastructure architecture, etc.).
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises.
- Experience with IT service management best practices (incident, problem, change, configuration and asset management).
- Experience with project management best practices.
- Experience and knowledge in developing IT policies.
- Experience in negotiating contract terms and prices.
More information about the position is available in the job description. The role has a monthly salary range of $8,488 to $11,375, and the application deadline is June 11.
EDD is also recruiting for a Principal End-User Device security architect (IT Specialist III) to work directly with management, other technical architects, engineers, and related service roles in the Enterprise Security Operations section and other divisional sections, Office of Security information, enterprise computing and customers in support of the organization’s client/server, multi -level infrastructure.
The successful candidate, according to the job posting and job statement, “will have extensive experience engineering and deploying end-user device tools and systems to ensure that positions of EDD staff are up-to-date and protected against vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will also have experience with cloud-based application delivery, application virtualization, cloud-based operating system (OS) delivery, endpoint encryption, protocol LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) and desktop virtualization. This position will be the lead architect for EDD’s desktop and application virtualization as well as the deployment of all physical device operating systems and security patches.
This position has a monthly salary range of $8,488 to $11,375 and the application deadline is June 15.
The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is seeking a application engineering manager (IT Manager I) to manage and lead engineering staff in software development, quality assurance, security and operations (DevSecOps) in an agile and cloud environment.
“This position will provide the senior-level expertise in coaching, coaching and coordinating Agile project staff in Medi-Cal’s Enterprise Systems Modernization Division,” the job posting states. “This position will manage staff spread across multiple cross-functional agile teams. This position will manage, lead, and coordinate with designated DHCS representatives, contractors, and third-party vendors to develop engineering and software development best practices across the entire MESMD (Business Systems Modernization Division) portfolio. Medi-Cal company).
Desirable qualifications include:
- 4+ years of systems development experience using Agile Framework methodologies, including all aspects of iterative systems development, backlog refinement, and user story development.
- Experience in successfully facilitating Scrum events, using Scrum principles.
- Experience in leading multiple technical teams across multiple different disciplines and concurrent focus to successfully implement IT solutions.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Is highly organized and analytical, with the ability to motivate and manage in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience using Atlassian Suite, Jira and other tools.
More information is available in the homework statement. The position has a monthly salary range of $8,381 to $11,231 and the application deadline is June 13.