What’s New in Newport County Immediately: Tuesday, March 9
The newest What’s Up Newp e-newsletter is right here. Get this story straight to your inbox every morning by signing up for our free e-newsletter under.
>> Governor Dan McKee will as we speak announce a brand new statewide immunization initiative for academics, college employees and little one care suppliers. Complete story
>> The Rogue Island Comedy Competition introduced final evening that it’s going to host two festivals in 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend and Columbus Day Weekend) beneath the large tent at Greenvale Vineyards. The announcementrogueislandcomedyfestA submit shared by Rogue Island Comedy Competition (@rogueislandcomedyfest)
>> Narragansett Beer yesterday introduced trade veteran Lee Lord as their new head brewer. Lord joins Narragansett Beer, because the model’s very first chief brewer, armed with over a decade of expertise within the craft beer and brewing trade. Complete story
>> Island Cinemas introduced yesterday its reopening on Friday April 2nd. “We are going to begin with a restricted weekly schedule from Friday to Sunday to get again on monitor and add extra days as enterprise wants. We’ll be releasing films and instances the week we open, so keep tuned ”, Island Cinemas written on fb.
>> 37 resorts throughout Rhode Island will take part within the 2nd Annual Lodge Week IR. Held from April 17 to 30, 2021, Lodge Week RI invitations its visitors to get pleasure from all kinds of lodging in luxurious resorts, historic inns and cozy guesthouses at a hard and fast price of $ 100, $ 200, $ 300 or $ 400 per evening. Complete story
>> Questioning what properties offered in your neighborhood and area? Tyler Bernadyn examines the 23 Newport County actual property transactions that happened over the previous week. Complete story
What’s New in Newport County Immediately
Tuesday March 9, 2021
- Joyful birthday as we speak to Anne Ramsey Cuvelier, Melanie Ventura, Molly Berry and Liz Mcdonnell!
- Immediately is Nationwide Meatball Day, Nationwide Problem Day and Nationwide Barbie Day!
- Immediately – Cloudy till mid-morning then clearing regularly to a excessive close to 52. Wind southwest 8 to 11 mph changing into westerly within the afternoon. Winds might be blowing as much as 28 mph.
- Tonight – Partly clear, with a low round 31. Wind northwest 5 to 7 mph changing into north after midnight.
- Immediately – SSW wind 7 to 10 kt changing into WNW within the afternoon. Winds may blow as much as 24 kt. Cloudy till mid-morning, then gradual clearing. Sea at 1 ft or much less.
- Tonight – Northwest wind round 6 kt changing into variable and fewer than 5 kt after midnight. Often clear. Sea at 1 ft or much less.
- The present water temperature in Newport is 3 ° C.
Solar, moon and tide
- Dawn: 6:05 am | Sundown: 5:46 p.m.
- Excessive tide at 4:39 am and 5:02 pm | Low tide at 11:23 a.m. and 11:06 p.m.
- Moon: waning crescent, 25 days, 19% lighting
Issues to do
JPT Movie & Occasion Heart Digital projection room
The newest titles from WUN
Immediately in RI historical past: March 9 – Start of Jeffrey Osborne
Governor McKee to announce statewide initiative to immunize academics, college employees and little one care suppliers on Tuesday
Narragansett Beer appoints Lee Lord as new head brewer
Reminder: “Spring Ahead” this weekend; additionally verify smoke detectors
Ladies’s Historical past Month: Meet Miss Johnson and Miss Wales
37 resorts throughout Rhode Island to take part within the 2nd annual Lodge Week RI
Concepts Wished: Social Enterprise Greenhouse Launches New Program To Assist Individuals Check Concepts For Beginning A Enterprise
What Offered: 23 Newport County actual property gross sales and transactions (March 1-8)
Record: States with journey restrictions on entry to Rhode Island
What’s New in Newport County This Week: March 8-14
Latest native obituaries
Common tales on WUN proper now
- What Offered: 23 Newport County actual property gross sales and transactions (March 1-8)
- 37 resorts throughout Rhode Island to take part within the 2nd annual Lodge Week RI
- Record: States with journey restrictions on entry to Rhode Island
- Middletown hails tireless defender
- Narragansett Beer appoints Lee Lord as new head brewer
COVID-19 in Rhode Island
Division of Justice – Grand jury indicted two individuals in “grandparents rip-off”
That is Lexi. Lexi is on the Potter League for Animals and desires a house. It’s best to undertake Lexi. Be taught extra about Lexi.
Have an excellent Tuesday,